Tuesday, March 26, 2013

THE END

As I sit here nearly one year later, memorializing our trip, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for having had the opportunity to take this trip. Layton was so inspired to make this miracle happen for us. This truly was a lifelong dream and my most impossible reality came true. I wish it hadn't taken me a year to complete this entry but it has. Such is life. The pictures bring back such swelling in my heart and it's like I can remember the good part of every single day. I didn't think it could be so but when Brother Wilcox said that after we travel to the Holy Lands for the first time, our hearts would yearn to return. Even with all of the unrest over there, my heart yearns to return. I can't explain it but it is an aching. One that I want to share with my children and Layton again. One that draws me more than I can explain. I don't foresee it happening in the near future or ever but I didn't see Layton and I going there either or at least until we were in our retirement years. Who knows? If not, I will see it again from afar off, heaven, I hope. I want to be the person that can say, I walked where Jesus walked, everyday, no matter where I am at. I want to be the person that will behave as if he were walking beside me. I have so far to go. Maybe by the time I finally figure it out I will be with Him.
Thank you Layton for this inexpressible gift.
Thank you Joseph Smith for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today.
Thank you Heavenly Father for knowing my deepest righteous dreams.
Thank you, my brother, my Savior, my friend, Jesus Christ.
I am so blessed.
In His Holy Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment